Thursday, December 9, 2010

NING and its Bling


For my poster I chose to do Social Networking, more specifically, NING.com.  I have used NING in another class, and I find it to be way more useful and classroom friendly/appropriate than say something like Facebook would be.  The first thing that I thought about when organizing my poster is how it would be read.  We read left from right, so I put the major introduction and description of NING on the left side of the poster. I also made it the largest section of text, to ensure that was the first thing readers would look at.
Another major aspect that I took into consideration when designing was cognitive load theory.  I broke up information into little sentences or bullets, so the reader could easily get the information and not get bored of reading and lose interest.  Also along with the cognitive load theory, I included two different explanations of NING; one through a brief description of its capabilities, and another through a screenshot of my NING from another class.  This way, the reader can not only read what NING can be used for, the can actually see for themselves what the layout and profile of NING looks like.

1 comment:

  1. Nice use of color and interesting layout. As we discussed in class, the bullets are a little difficult to read because they are too close to the text. Also, the bottom NING graphic is overlapping some of the bullets. Overall, well done.

    ReplyDelete